The Great Adsense Experiment

Monday, January 30, 2006

The journey so far...

Just to summarise what I've tried so far...

1) Reasearched top paying keywords from dozens of lists around the web
2) To date, I've built 44 niche article-focused websites under the banner "OnlyTheBestArticles.com".
3) Articles have been collected from various sources around the net (obviously with free reprint rights)
4) Website have been generated using 2 tools: The Article System & Article Site Developer, but still required some "manual" tweaking/optimizing.
5) Submitted websites to hundreds of search engines and directories using IBP 8
6) I've tried purchasing "paid traffic" ranging from $9 to $16... but all of them a complete waste of time and money - keep away from this!
7) I tried getting traffic from Google Adwords, but this proved to be uneffective.
8) Created Google Sitemaps for each website using GsiteCrawler and submitted to Google... no results from this yet.
9) Tried "blog & ping" technique by building 22 blogs by hand... but found this very tedious
10) So I tried a new software package called BloggerGenerator to create lots of low-quality blogs with incoming links to the various niche sites. However, these blogs got shut down in a matter of days. What a waste of time!
11) At the end of it, most sites are now found in Yahoo and MSN, but Google is a bit slower on the takeup.

So that pretty much sums up the last 4 weeks of experiments.

The obvious lessons learned:
1) Making the websites isn't too hard if you have the right tools
2) Getting quality free traffic to your website from search engines is the hardest part... and takes a long time.
3) A "$20 dollar keyword" doesn't really mean you'll get $20 per click... more like $1... if you're lucky! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home